Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Agricultural University (BSMRAU) is a government-financed 13th public university of Bangladesh and third agricultural university after Bangladesh Agricultural University and Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University. It is located at Salna, Gazipur.
Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Agricultural University was established in 1998 as a public university with an act (Act no. 16) promulgated by the government of Bangladesh.
The university was established by transforming the Institute of Post Graduate Studies in Agriculture (IPSA). IPSA was established as Bangladesh College of Agricultural Science (BCAS) in 1983 as an academic organ of Bangladesh Agricultural Research Institute (BARI) and academically affiliated with Bangladesh Agricultural University until 1991. In 1991, IPSA was made an autonomous institution. Henceforth, IPSA started its true course credit-based MS and PhD programs. The graduate program of IPSA was developed by a team of IPSA teachers led by Prof. L. M. Eisgruver of the Oregon State University (OSU), USA under the cooperation of JICA-USAID-GOB.
Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Agricultural University (BSMRAU) observed the Victory day with due respects and solemnity and festive mode at the University campus. To mark...
The inaugural ceremony of a two day long Research Review Workshop of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Agricultural University (BSMRAU) was held on 31 Oct.’15 at...
3 months long Postgraduate Training Course on Seed Technology has began from 25 October.’15 at the Kbd. Dr. Kazi M. Badruddoza outreach center of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur...
The orientation program of Winter Term 2015 of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Agricultural University (BSMRAU) for the MS and PhD students was held on Sunday 25...
International Rice Research Institute (IRRI), Representative for Bangladesh Dr. Paul Fox visited Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Agricultural University (BSMRAU), Gazipur...
- Agricultural Extension and Rural Development
- Agroforestry and Environment
- Agricultural Engineering
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Bioenvironmental Science
- Computer Science and Information Technology
- Crop Botany
- Genetics and Plant Breeding
- Plant Pathology
- Soil Science
- Seed Science and Technology Unit
- Department of Anatomy & Histology
- Department of Animal Breeding & Genetics
- Department of Animal Science & Nutrition
- Department of Dairy & Poultry Science
- Department of Gynecology & Reproductive Health
- Department of Medicine
- Department of Micro-biology & Public Health
- Department of Pathobiology
- Department of Physiology & Pharmacology
- Department of Surgery & Radiology