Mousumi Das is serving as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Aquaculture of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Agricultural University (BSMRAU), Gazipur, Bangladesh. She obtained BSc. in Fisheries and MSc. in Aquaculture degree from Khulna University Bangladesh. Based on her academic result she was awarded VLIR-UOS (Vlaamse Interuniversitaire Raad-University Development Cooperation) scholarship from Belgium Government to conduct her second MSc. in Aquaculture at Ghent University, Belgium. Her MS research was conducted at the Laboratory of Aquaculture and Artemia Reference Center, Ghent University, Belgium. In her MS research she explored a novel technique called Quorum Sensing disruption of bacteria to prevent bacterial diseases in Aquaculture.
She joined BSMRAU as a Lecturer at 10th February, 2014 and became an Assistant Professor at 2016. After joining at BSMRAU she has serving several courses at Undergraduate and Graduate levels. In addition, she has involved in some research projects from HEQEP, RMC-BSMRAU and KGF and is working for the development of research facilities and activities of the Dept. of Aquaculture, BSMRAU.
- Master of Science in Aquaculture, Ghent University, Belgium
- Master of Science in Aquaculture, Khulna University, Bangladesh
- Bachelor in Fisheries, Khulna University, Bangladesh
– Fish nutrition
– Low cost sustainable feed development in Aquaculture
– Aquatic microbiology and aquatic organism diseases
– Development of adaptive biological fish disease prevention strategies