|Md. Main Uddin Miah, PhD
Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Agricultural University (BSMRAU), Gazipur-1706, Bangladesh.
|Google scholar ID:
Research gate ID: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Md-Miah-80
Orcid ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-9471-2812
Department of Agroforestry and Environment
Faculty of Agriculture &
Director, Dr. M. A. Wazed Mia Central Laboratory, BSMRAU
- PhD (Agroforestry and Environment) from HSTU (2010)
- MS (Agroforestry and Environment) from BSMRAU (2001)
- B. Sc. Ag. (Hons) from BAU (1990 held in 1993)
- Professor at BSMRAU from 2013 to till date.
- Associate professor at BSMRAU (2008-2013)
- Assistant professor at HSTU (2004-2008)
- Lecturer at HSTU (1997-2004)
Argo forestry system development, carbon sequestration, micro climate modification and climate change impact on Bangladesh agriculture.
Post Graduate Courses
- AFE 501 Agroforestry Concept and Practices
- AFE 505 Social forestry
- AFE 506 Agroforestry System and Management
- AFE 611 Climate change, Agroforestry and Food security
Under Graduate Course
- AFE 301 Fundamentals of Agroforestry and Environment
Publication in National/International Journal
- E. Haque, M. H Bhuiyan M. M Hossain, M.M.U. Miah and H. Rahman, 1999. Diversified Use of Agricultural Credit: A Case of Cereal Crop Farmers in Mirzapur Union of Gazipur District. Journal of Agricultural Education and Technology, 2(1):7-12
- M. A. Hoque, M. E. Haque, M. A Hossain and M. M U. Miah, 2000. Farmers Organic matter Use Behaviour in Crop Production. Bangladesh Journal of Extension Education, Vol. 11 & 12, No. 1 & 2, 1999-2000: 95-100
- Ibrahim, M.K Munira, M. S Kabir, A. K. M.S. Islam. M.M.S. Islam. M. M. U. Miah.2001. Seed Germination and Graft Compatibility of Wild Solamum as Rootstock of Tomato. On Line Journal of Biological Science 1(8): 701-703
- C. Roy, M. S. Zaman, M. A. Salam, M. S. Bari and M. M. U. Miah.2004. Effect of phosphorous on Different Multipurpose Tree Species at Seedling Growing Stage. Journal of Subtropical Agricultural Research and Development 2(2):66-69
- G. Miah, M. M. U. Miah, M. A. Rahman & T. Ahamed, 2005. Performance of Turmeric And Zinger Under Different Light Levels For Agroforestry Systems. Bangladesh Journal of Science and Technology, Hajee Mohammad Danesh Science and Technology University, Dinajpur. 3:18- 23
- M. U. Miah, M. S. Bari, M. K. U. Sarker, M.B. Ahmed, U. K. Mojumder, 2005. Growth Performance of Different Types of Melia AzedarachSaplings For Agroforestry Practices. Bangladesh Journal of Science and Technology, Hajee Mohammad Danesh Science and Technology University, Dinajpur.3:41- 44
- A.Mannan, M.A. K. Mian, M. M. U. Miahand M.A.S. Mondol, 2005. Diversity of Mango At Homesteads of Bangladesh Based on Morphological Parameters. Bangladesh Journal of Science and Technology, Hajee Mohammad Danesh Science and Technology University, Dinajpur. 3:45- 50
- M.Hossain,L.K.Hossain, M.M.U.Miah, and M.A.Hossain, 2006. Performance of wheat cultivers as understory crop of multipurpose trees in taungya system. Journal of Biological Science,Asian Network for Scientific Information, 6(6): 992-998
- M. U. Miah, M.A.S.Mondol, M.S.I.Sikder and A.Khatun, 2006. Relative Prevalence and Species Richness of Tree Species and Their Effects on Understorey Crops in Homestead and cropland Agroforestry Systems in dinajpur District. Bangladesh Journal of Science and Technology, Hajee Mohammad Danesh Science and Technology University, Dinajpur.Vol 4:82-89
- M. U. Miah, M. S.Islam, M. A. M. Sarker, M.B. Ahmed,and M.R.Amin.2006. Yield Performance of Mungbean Under Different Multipurpose Tree.South Asian Journal of Agriculture, Khulna University, Khulna 9208.1(2):35-38
- M. U. Miah,M.M.Monsi,and K.K.Islam. 2007. Performance of papaya in the litchi based multilayerd agroforestry.system. Journal of Agroforestry and Environment.1(1):133-136
- R.Amin, M.M.U.Miah, M.A.S.Mondol, 2007. Farmers’ Perception Towards The Consequences of Homestead Agroforestry In Dinajpur District . Journal of Agroforestry and Environment. 1(1): 55-59
- M. U. Miah,M.S.Rahman, M.A.Hakim,H.A.Amin and M.Z.Rahman,. 2007. Organic Production of Eggplant in multilayerd agroforestry.system. Journal of Agroforestry and Environment. 1(2):79-82
- M. U. Miah, M. G. Miah, 2007.Performance of Eggplant Varieties at Different Light Levels for Agroforestry System. Bangladesh Journal of Science and Technology, Hajee Mohammad Danesh Science and Technology University, Dinajpur ,Vol.544-51
- A.M.Sarker, M. M. U. Miah, M.I.Hossain and H.A.Amin, 2007. Performance of Mungbean as Green manuring Crop in Agroforestry Systems Journal of Agroforestry and Environment. 1(2):87-90
- M. A. .A. Chowdhury, M. M. U. Miah, M.N. Islam,M. C.Royand M.S.Islam, 2007. Effect of Fertilizer and Lime on the Performance of Zinger in Ghoraneem Based Agroforestry System. Journal of Agroforestry and Environment. 1(2): 35-38
- M. U. Miah, M. S.Islam,M.S.I.Sikder,M.A.S.Mondol and S.Huda, 2008. Performance of Tomato Under Ghoraneem and Sissoo Based Agroforestry System. . Journal of Innovative Development Strategy.2(1):39-42
- M. A. .A. Chowdhury, M. M. U. Miah, M. HA Amin, M.M.Akter and M.A. Hanif, 2009. Effect of Fertilizer and Lime on the Performance of termaric-ghoraneem based agroforestry system. Journal of Agroforestry and Environment.Vol-3, No-2, pp69-72
- H. A. Amin,M. M. U. Miah and M.M.Akter, 2009. Yield Performance of Transplanted Aman Rice Under Different Multipurpose Tree Species. Journal of Agroforestry and Environment.Vol-3, No-2, pp91-94
- Amin,S. Ahmmad, H.A. Amin,F. Mehbub and M. M. U. Miah, 2010.Biodiversity study of SIS(Small Indigenous Species) Fish in Northwest Part of Bangladesh and Detection of threatened species. Journal of Biological Diversity and Conservation.www.biodicon.com.3/1. 56-65
- S.Ali, M.M.U.Miah, M.H.A.Amin, M.S.Rahman and M.A.Hanif, 2010. Varietal Performance of Cane in Association with Different Multipurpose Tree Species. Journal of Agroforestry and Environment.Vol-4, No-2, pp45-47
- R. Amin, T.M.T. Ikbal, M.M.U.Miah,M.A.Hakim and A.S.M. Amanullah, 2010. Performance of Ginger under Agroforestry System. Bangladesh Research Publication Journal. Vol-4, Issue -3, pp208-217
- M.U.Miah, M.G. Miah and M. Ahmed, 2011. Effect of Fruit Trees on the Yield of Wheat Varieties in upland Ecosystem.Ann. Bangladesh Agric. Vol-15, No-1&2, pp39-46
- S. Sarmin, M.M.U.Miah, and M.G.Miah, 2013. Growth Performance of Three Medicinal Plants in Terrace Ecosystem of Bangladesh. Journal of Agroforestry and Environment.Vol-7, No-1, pp127-130
- J. Alam, M.R. Ali, N.S. Sarmin, M.M.U.Miah, and M.Shahjahan, 2013. Existing Marketing System and Economic Analysis of Broom Grass. Journal of Agroforestry and Environment.Vol-7, No-1, pp81-84
- S. Sarmin, M.M.U.Miah, and M.H.B.Ismail, 2014. Comparative Growth Performance of Four Mutipurpse Tree Species (MPTS) in Different Conditions Under Nursery Condition. Journal of Agroforestry and Environment.Vol-8, No-2, pp43-46
- R.Saha, M.G.Miah, T.Ahamed, M.M.U.Miah, and M.Ahmed, 2014. A Comparative Performance of Five Table Varieties of Banana at Gazipur. Journal of the Bangladesh Society for Agricultural Science and Technology.Vol-11, No-1&2, pp53-57
- G.G.Mortuza, M.G.Miah, M.M.U.Miah, S.R.Saha and Javed Rizvi, 2014. Performance of cotton under aonla based multistoried agroforestry system in terrace ecosystem of Bangladesh. Indian J. of Agroforestry Vol. 16 No.2: 1-10, pp1-10
- G.G.Mortuza, M.G.Miah, M.M.U.Miah, G.K.M.M.Rahman and M.Z.I.Khan, 2015. Effect of multistoried agroforestry practices on the physio-chemical properties of soil. Bangladesh J. Agric. and Environ. 11(1): 19-29, pp20-29
- MGG Mortuja, MG Miah, MMU Miah, MZI Khan, A Naoshin, 2016. Performance of Carambola as Middlestoried Crop under Aonla based Multistoried Agroforestry System.Bangladesh J. Agric. And Environ. 12(1):19-25
- Amin MR, Sutradhar PC, Hossain MS, Roy MC, Miah MMU, Sachchu SK. 2016. Effect of cotton varieties on the growth, morphometrics and life length of army worm. Bangladesh Journal of Entomology. 26: 1-10.
- Ranjit Sen, Apurba Kanti Choudhury, Sohela Akhter, Sheikh Ishtiaque, Md. Abu Hena Sorwar Jahan, Faruque Ahmed, Jatish Chandra Biswas, Md. Maniruzzaman, Main Uddin Miah, Md. Mizanur Rahman, Naveen Kalra, Md. Abdul Aziz, A. S. M. Mahbubur Rahman Khan. 2017. Simulating Nitrogen and Irrigation Effects on Wheat Production in Bangladesh under Changing Climate. American Journal of Plant Sciences, http://www.scirp.org/journal/ajps ISSN Online: 2158-2750 ISSN Print: 2158-2742
- N Hossain, M. B., Rahman, M. M., Biswas, J. C., Miah, M. M., Akhter, S, 2017. Carbon mineralization and carbon dioxide emission from organic matter added soil under different temperature regimesInt J Recycl Org Waste Agricult, 6, 311-319
- M Maniruzzaman, MA Muttaleb, AK Choudhury, S Akhter, F Ahmed, MA Aziz, MM Rahman, MMU Miah, JC Biswas, MA Hamid, N Kalra, Characterization of Inter-seasonal Climatic Variability through Dry-season Rice productivity in the North-west Region of Bangladesh. Italian Journal of Agrometeorology (1)
- F Ahmed, Apurba K Choudhury, S Akhter, MA Aziz, Jatish C Biswas, M Maniruzzaman, M Main Uddin Miah, MM Rahman, MAHS Jahan, Imrul Mosaddek Ahmed, R Sen, S Ishtiaque, AFM Tariqul Islam, MM Haque, M Belal Hossain, Naveen Kalra, M Hafijur Rahman, 2017. Calibration and validation of decision support system for agro-technology transfer model for simulating growth and yield of maize in Bangladesh, American Journal of Plant Sciences, 8 (07), 1632
- Naveen Kalra, JC Biswas, M Maniruzzaman, AK Choudhury, S Akhter, F Ahmed, MA Aziz, MM Rahman, MMU Miah, Advanced computational procedures for the understanding of agricultural processes. 2017, Current Science. 113 (2), 208-209
- Jatish C. Biswas, M. Maniruzzaman, U. A. Naher, M. M. Haque, M. B. Hossain, M. M. Rahman, M. U. Miah, A. K. Choudhury, S. Akhter, F. Ahmed, M. A. Hamid, N. Kalra, J Furuya, 2017. Future climate change scenarios and anticipated performance of major cereals in bangladesh. International Journal of agriculture and Environmental Research. 3(6),4123-4148
- MR Islam, HM Abdullah, ZU Ahmed, I Islam, J Ferdush, MG Miah, MMU Miah, Monitoring the spatiotemporal dynamics of waterlogged area in southwestern Bangladesh using time series Landsat imagery, Journal of Remote Sensing Applications: Society and Environment, 9, 52-59
- MGG Mortuja, MG Miah, MMU Miah, MZI Khan, 2018. Performance of Mungbean as Lowerstoried Crop in Aonla based Multistoried Agroforestry System In Terrace Ecosystem of Bangladesh. Bangladesh J. Agric. And Environ.. 14(1):29-42
- Md Rejouanul Islam, Hasan Muhammad Abdullah, Zia Uddin Ahmed, Imranul Islam, Jannatul Ferdush, Md Giashuddin Miah, Md Main Uddin Miah, Monitoring the spatiotemporal dynamics of waterlogged area in southwestern Bangladesh using time series Landsat imagery. Remote Sensing Applications: Society and Environment.. 9, 52-59
- Istiaque, R Sen, M. A. H. S. Jahan, Apurba K. Choudhury, S Akther, F Ahmed, Jatish C. Biswas, M. Maniruzzaman, Md Mainuddin Miah, M. M. Rahmanl, A.S.M.R. Khan, Naveen Kalra & M.B. Hossain. 2018.Simulating Wheat Yield under Changing Temperature, Carbon dioxide and Solar Radiation Levels in Bangladesh. Gobal Journal of Science Frontier Research,Vol.18, Issue 2, Version1.
- Md Ashraful Alam, Md Mizanur Rahman, Jatish Chandra Biswas, Sohela Akhter, M Maniruzzaman, Apurba Kanti Choudhury, M Abu Hena Sorwar Jahan, Md Main Uddin Miah, Ranjit Sen, M Zia Uddin Kamal, Md Abdul Mannan, Humayun Kabir Shiragi, Wais Kabir, Naveen Kalra, 2019. Nitrogen transformation and carbon sequestration in wetland paddy field of Bangladesh. Paddy and Water Environment. 17 (4), 677-688
- S. Talukder, M. M. U. Miah, M. G. Miah, M. M. Haque, M. M. Rahman and M. M. Islam, 2019. Fruit tree-based agroforestry system and their carbon sequestration potentials in different ecosystem of Bangladesh. J. Agrofor. Environ. 13 (1& 2): 43-48
- Md Haque, Md Khaled Mosharaf, Moriom Khatun, Md Biswas, Md Islam, Habibul Bari Shozib, Main Uddin Miah, Abul Hossain Molla, Muhammad Ali Siddiquee. 2020. Biofilm producing rhizobacteria with multiple plant growth-promoting traits promote growth of tomato under water-deficit stress. Frontiers in Microbiology. 11, 2954
- Ahmed,M., Miah, MMU., Abdullah, HM., Hossain, MS., Rubayet,MT. 2020. Measurement of Sequestered Standing Carbon Stock in Major Agroforestry Tree Species. Canadian Journal of Agriculture and Crops. 5(2)153-159
- Bhuiyan MI, MA Rahman, MMU Miah, MR Amin, SR Saha and I Miyajima. 2020. Gliricidia Tree Leaf Incorporation into Soil and Use of Companion Plants for Safe Tomato Production. J. Fac. Agr., Kyushu Univ., 65 (1), 1–7.
- A. Hoque, M.A., Khan, M.M. U Miah and M.S. Biswas. 2021. Gladiolus Growth and Flowering: Impact of Chemicals and Plant Growth Regulators. Annals of Bangladesh Agriculture 25 (1): 67-78.
- Rahman MS, Mamun MAA, Miah MMU, Haque MM, Rahman MM, et al. 2022. Incidence and Severity of Rice Sheath Blight Disease under Elevated Carbon Dioxide and Nitrogen Management. J Plant Biol Agron 1(1): 101
- Miah, M. M. U., Uddin, M. H., Miah, M. G., Rahman, M. M., Ahmed, M. and Matsumoto M. 2022. Changes of Soil Physical and Chemical Properties in Aonla (Phyllanthus emblica ) based Multistoried Agroforestry System. Journal of the Faculty of Agriculture, Kyushu University 67 (1): 39–51.
- Ahsan Habib, Md. Abdul Mannan, Md. Abdul Karim, Md. Abdullah Al Mamun, Dipanjoli Boral Dola, Md. Yunus Miah, Md. Main Uddin Miah, Jannatul Ferdous and Hari Pratap Singh. 2022. Water Deficit Stress Tolerance Assessment in Barley Cultivars Using Drought Tolerance Indices. Journal of Agriculture and Crops. Vol. 8, Issue. 4, pp:228-235
- Jannatul Ferdous, Tofayel Ahamed, Main Uddin Miah, and Md. Mizanur Rahman. 2022. Performance of Radish in Aonla based Multistoried Agroforestry System. European Journal of Agriculture and Food Science.4.3.459
- A. Hossain, M. A. A. Mamun, M. M. U. Miah, M. M. Haque, M.M. Rahman, M. A. R. Khan, J. C. Biswas, and M.A. Karim. 2022. Rice Growth and Yield Characteristics under Elevated Carbon Dioxide and Nitrogen Management. Agronomy Research 20(x),,,,,,-….2022.
- Polly, M Main Uddin Miah, H E M Khairul Mazed, M Eliyachur Rahman, Khaleda Yesmin.2022. Effect of Different Plant Hormones on Early Production of Two Commercial Pineapple Varieties in Bangladesh. European Academic research. Vol.X, Issue 7.
- Anika Reza, Tofayel Ahamed, Main Uddin Miah, and Md. Ahiduzzaman. 2022. Growth and Yield of Dragon Fruit in Aonla based Multistoried Fruit Production Model. European Journal of Agriculture and Food Science.4.5.565
- Tamanna Sharmin , Shohana Parvin, Main Uddin Miah , Satyen Mondal , Noor Shaila Sharmin , Sridebi Das and Md Azizul Haq. 2022. Effect of Direction and Distance of Moringa oleifera on Growth and Yield of Cabbage (Brassica oleracea). Asian Research Journal of Agriculture 15(4): 190-202
- M.G.Miah,M.M.Haque,M.A.Rahman,M.A.Wadud,M.M.U.Miah and M.M.Boshir,Screening of Understorey Crops Under Different Light Levels for Agroforestry System.Development of Agroforestry Research in Bangladesh, Proceeding of a National Workshop held in 16-17,2001,at BARI,Gazipur.Pp169-178.
- M. S. Amin, M. M.U. Miah, A. K. Azad and B. K. Biswas, The status and problems of biodiversity Resources and Documentation for its Management. Proceeding of Third Annual Conference of BRGB, Dhaka. January 2004.
- M. M. U. Miah, M. G. Miah and M. A. Rahman and T.M.T.Iqbal. Production of Radish Under Different Light Levels for Intercropping and Agroforestry System. The Proceedings of International Conference on “ Horticulture and Agroforestry in Poverty Reduction” BAU, Mymensingh. March 17-18,2008.
- M.R.A. Hawlader, M.M.U. Miah, MM Rahman,……. and N. Kalra. 2018. Assesment of Climatic Variability and its Probable Impacts on Major Crops in Bangladesh. 2nd International Conference on Climate Change,Calambo, Srilanka, 15-16 February,2018