- More than 38 years experiences in education and research
- Research and development with RDRS Bangladesh for more than 7 years funded by BARC
- Served as team leader in a consultative group for study ‘A Comprehensive Study on the Rice and Vegetable Seed Sector of Bangladesh’ under Agribusiness for Trade Competitiveness Project (ATCP) Bangladesh funded by Swisscontact/DBSM, Katalyst, Bangladesh.
- Served as short term consultant in the project “The assessment of the maize sector of Bangladesh: Present scenario, its opportunities and growth hindrances” funded by Swisscontact/DBSM, Katalyst, Bangladesh.
- Principal Investigator of the RMC funded project “Development of short duration, high yielding, premium quality rice variety for Aus and Aman season”.
- Principal Investigator of the MoST funded project “Adaptability trial of promising advanced lines of mungbean”.
- Principal Investigator of the MoE funded project “Development of blackgram variety tolerant to soil flooding”.
- Co-Investigator of the BARC funded project “household consumption of pulses, rice and vegetables in selected areas of Bangladesh”.
- Principal investigator of NATP-KGF funded project “Impact of rice – wheat / potato – mungbean cropping system on farmers’ employment opportunity, food security and livelihood in selected Monga prone areas in northern districts of Bangladesh.
- Program leader of BARC funded project “Increasing pulses production program.”
- Co-Investigator of the SID/DANIDA, MoA funded project evaluation of farmers’ seed quality.
- Co-Investigator of the EU-FAO cotton IPM in Bangladesh project. Survey work.
- Site Coordinator of farming system research site, Bangladesh Agricultural Research Institute. Worked at farm level in different districts of the country. Involved in crop research, survey, monitoring and impact assessment.
- Course Coordinator for 14 batches (20 in each batch) for 3 month long Postgraduate Certificate Course on Seed Technology, funded by MoA.
- Course Coordinator of Short Course on Seed Science and Technology, funded by IRRI
BARI-ACIAR awarded Certificate of Scientific Achievement in recognition of outstanding contribution to research and development of pulses.
Crop variety developed: 10 (Rice 2, Mungbean 6, Chickpea 1 and Soybean 1)
Technology developed: Four crops in sequence viz. T. aman rice (BU dhan 1) – potato or mustard – Mungbean (BU mug 4) – T. aus rice (Pariza)
External peer reviewer for academic quality assurance
- Bangladesh Agricultural University
- Bangladesh Open University
- Green University of Bangladesh
- Krishibid Institution Bangladesh
- Bangladesh Society of Agronomy
- Bangladesh Society of Seed Technology
- Bangladesh Society of Advancement of Science
- Plant Breeding and Genetics Society of Bangladesh
Position in professional society
- General Secretary, Bangladesh Society of Seed Technology
- President, Teachers’ Association, BSMRAU