Current Research activities are focused on climate change and environmental pollution:
- Biogeochemistry: arsenic and heavy metals in soil-water-plant system and their possible mitigation
- Environmental Pollution: industrial wastes, urban wastes, household wastes and other organic pollutants assessment and management
- Modelling and spatial distribution of salinity in coastal soils of Bangladesh and adaptive researches for better crop production
- Modelling on impact of climate change on land degradation, agriculture and adaptive researches in climatic vulnerable areas for mitigation
- Adaptation of improved soil management practices in the degraded soils of Bangladesh.