Mr Alam holds a Ph.D. from the University of Southern Queensland (USQ), Australia. He obtained Bachelor and Master’s degrees in Agricultural Economics from Bangladesh Agricultural University with first class. He passed Secondary School Certificate (SSC) and Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) examination from Jeshore Board, securing First Division with star marks. Based on his academic and research excellence he has earned a number of scholarships and awards including the prestigious ‘UGC Gold Medal’ for his outstanding research.
His educational qualification and over seventeen years academic and research experience at different organizations in different capacities provide him with the skill and confidence to conduct high quality independent research. He serves on the editorial board of couple of international scholarly journals and is an active member of several professional societies and voluntary organizations.
Mr Alam is the youngest son of late Kayem Uddin Ahmed and Jamila Khatun of Jessore district. He loves to read, gossip and travel.
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=p8HQp18AAAAJ&hl=en
1. Name: G M Monirul Alam, PhD
Professor, Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Agricultural University (BSMRAU), Gazipur-1706, Bangladesh &
Adjunct Research Fellow, USQ, Australia.
- Academic Qualification: PhD from USQ, Australia (Please go to Acad Quali).
- Education and Research Excellence: Awarded a number of scholarships and awards including ‘Gold Medal’ (Please go to Education).
- Job Experience: More than 17 years working experience in different capacities (Please go to Job for details)
- Consultancy with UN agencies in Bangladesh: WB, FAO, IRRI, WFP, KGF, CPI, ICACS (Please go to Consultancy for details).
- Publications: 90 (Abroad-60; In country-30), Presentation papers-20, Popular articles-5, Book chapter-
Book/monograph: 05 (Please see the full list of publications).
As of October, 2022:
Google Scholar Citations: 1733; h-index: 21
- Research Grant: Conducted over 15 projects funded by national and international organization (Please go to Research for details).
- Teaching experience: Bangladesh and Australia (Please go to Teaching for details).
- Student Supervision: So far 16 MS/PhD research students (Please visit Student Supervision for details).
- Journal Editor/Member: Serving on the editorial board of couple of international scholarly journals (Please visit Journal Editor for details).
- Research experience: About 17 years (Please visit Research for details)
- Other responsibilities: Served as a Head of the department, Panel member, Scientific committee member and Project proposal evaluation committee member both at national and international level (Please visit here for details)