- Name : MD. ISMAIL HOSSAIN MIAN
- Father’s Name: Late Md. Hatem Ali Mian
- Present Address: Professor
Department of Plant Pathology,
Bangabamdhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Agricultural University
(BSMRAU), Salna, Gazipur-1706, Bangladesh
Phone:), 9262217 (Res)
- Permanent Address: Village Chaddahrashi. P. O. Khash Kawalia, P. S. Chowhali,
- Date of Birth: April 22, 1951
- Nationality: Bangladeshi.
- Marital status: Married.
- Educational Background:
Examination Year of Board/University Division/Class
S.S.C 1966 Dhaka Board 2nd
H.S.C. (equivalent) 1968 Bangladesh Agricultural University 1st
B.Sc.Ag (Hons.) 1971 BAU 1st
M.Sc .(Ag.) 1972 BAU 1st
Ph. D. 1982 Auburn University, USA GPA 3.7 out of 4
Post-Doc 1990 Kyushu University, Japan –
- Important Training Received:
Training Course Duration Course offering Institution
Management of University 24 days Oregon State University, USA AdministrationUSA.
Computer Application: 12 months BSMRAU, Gazipur
MSWORD, EXCELL, ACCESS,
Computer Centre Management
Financial Management 10 days BSMRAU, Gazipur
- Extra Qualification: Freedom Fighter
- Regular Job experiences
|i,||Thana Extension Officer
DAE, Manda Thana, Rajshahi
|From 25‑2‑74 to 17‑12‑74
Responsibilities: Transfer of modern technologies for agricultural development and to increase crop production.
|ii.||Assistant Arecanut Officer
Arecanut research and development project
|From 18-12-74 to 17-11-75
Research and extension works in the field of arecanut cultivation.
|iii.||Assistant Cane Pathologist 18-11-75 Research & extension works
Bangladesh Sugarcane Research and Training Institute to in the field of sugarcane diseases
Ishurdi, Pabna 9-11-77
|From 18-11-75 to 9-11-77
Research & extension of sugarcane and Training of farmers, extension personnel
|iv.||Senior Scientific Officer Plant Pathology Division BARI-Regional Station Jessore||From 10‑10‑77 to 17‑6‑ 85
Research & extension works in the field of plant pathology
Dept. of Plant Pathology
|From 18‑6‑85 to 11‑2‑ 87
Teaching, research and extension works in the field plant pathology of plant pathology
Dept. of plant pathology
|From 12‑2‑87 to 25‑12‑90|
Dept of Plant Pathology
|From 26-12-90 to date
Teaching, research and administration
- Experience as plant pathologist and plant health specialist:
- Identification of plant diseases caused by various biotic and a biotic factors.
- Identifications of plant pathogenic fungi, bacteria, nematodes and viruses.
- Control of plant diseases.
- Language proficiency: (a) Proficiency in English (writing and speaking) is excellent.
(b) Proficiency in Bangla (writing and speaking) excellent
- Computer Literacy:
(a) Word processing by MSWORD
(b) Spread sheet analysis by MSEXCEL
© Data analysis by MSTAT-C and SPS
(d) Presentation by MSPOWERPOINT
- Member of Professional Society:
(1) Bangladesh Association for the Advancement of Science (General Member)
(2) Bangladesh Phytopathological Society (Life member)
(3) Bangladesh Botanical Society (Life member)
(4) Bangladesh Horticultural Society (Life member)
(5) Bangladesh Crop Science Society (Life member)
(6) Nematological Society of Japan (General member)
(7) Bangladesh Genetics and Plant Breeeding Society (Life member)
- Office bearer of Professional Society:
(1) Treasurer, Bangladesh Phytopathological Society from January 1978 to September 1980
(2) General Secretary, Bangladesh Phytopathological Society 1992 to 2004
(3) Senior Vice President, Bangladesh Phytopathological Society from 2007 to 2011
(4) Executive Editor, Bangladesh Journal of Plant Pathology, An official organ of Bangladesh Phytopathological Society
- List of publication (Enclosed):
(A) Scientific articles published in foreign journals 29 nos.
(B) Scientific articles published in local journal 51 nos.
(C) Other publications
(i) Proceeding 4 nos.
(ii) Paper presented in international seminar 6 nos.
(iii) Popular articles 4 nos
(iv) Text Books 4 nos.
- Scientific paper published in foreign journal
(1) Ahmed, H.U., M.A. Khan and I. H. Mian.1976. Sugarcane diseases in Bangladesh. Sugarcane Pathologists’ Newsletter. 15/16: 51.
(2) Ahmed, H. U., M. A. Khan and I. H. Mian. 1976. Brown stripe in Bangladesh. Sugarcane Pathologists’ Newsletter. 17:48‑50.