Developing QA culture is a continuous process and it requires special attention to QA areas. In respect of current setting following quality assurance areas may be critical to develop the desired quality assurance culture in Bangladesh:
Governance becomes a crucial issue in quality assurance in higher education. Governance at university encompasses the organizational structures, legislative framework and processes through which, policies and programs are developed, managed and delivered. Governance facilitates the achievement of the stated mission and objectives of the university. The central administration and statutory bodies like Board of Trustees, Syndicate, Academic Council and the Vice Chancellor are the powerful actors in university’s governance system. The players involved in ensuring the governance at the university includes all the administrative layers from top management to the program level management
Curriculum Content Design & Review:
Curriculum refers to a well defined and prescribed course of studies, lessons and activities, which students must complete to fulfill the requirements for acquiring the degree. IQAC will facilitate the integration of the procedure in redesigning and modernizing the curricula to accommodate the job market requirements. The curriculum plays a crucial role in achieving the mission and objectives of the university including the intended learning outcomes and overall effectiveness of the programs.
Student: Admission Progress and Achievements :
Entry qualification: Quality of learners in terms of commitment and prerequisite qualifications are critical for quality education.
Admission Procedure: To get the quality intake it is very important to select the right candidates for the right academic programs.
Progress & Achievement: The quality assurance system of universities and higher education institutions should be in place to assure that levels of students’ achievements are maintained with due consideration for the use of external reference points and evaluation of achievement
Quality physical facilities are integral part of the quality learning opportunities at the university. For the purpose of quality assurance in higher education it is to be ensured that the facilities are appropriate, adequate Jand well managed. Physical facilities are important for strengthening effective teaching learning and provide quality education include:
- Classroom facilities must be adequate and well equipped
- Library facilities with broadband connectivity and access to Digital Library facilities must be adequate, accessible and usefull
- Laboratory and field laboratories must be adequate, well equipped, accessible and useful
- Medical facilities must be adequate, well equipped, accessible and useful to provide emergency healthcare services ensuring health and hygiene within the campus
- Other facilities like clean, spatially adequate and separate leisure rooms for male and female studJents , canteen facilities with nutritious and safe food, reading rooms, theater, auditorium for staging cultural programs etc. 188.8.131.52 In addition, some discipline specific facilities, very critical for proper learning, need to be ensured. For example, clinic & hospital and farmland facilities for disciplines like Dentistry, Veterinary Science, Medicine and agriculture etc.