Welcome to the Department of Gynecology, Obstetrics & Reproductive Health
The Department Gynecology, Obstetrics & Reproductive Health has started its journey since 2011 under the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine & Animal Science at Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Raman Agricultural University. The main goal of this department is to deliver high class teaching and conduct both basic and applied research in the field of Reproductive Biotechnology in livestock, wild and zoo animals. We offer total five (05) core courses namely, GOR 401: Gynecology and Reproductive Biotechnology; GOR 431: Andrology & Artificial Insemination; GOR 461: Reproductive Immunology & Obstetrics; GOR 462: Theriogenology of Wildlife, Zoo, Aquatic & Companion Animals and GOR 501: Theriogenology (Clinics) to undergraduate program for the students pursuing DVM degree. The department has recently launched a highly demanding graduate program, MS in Theriogenology from Summer Term/2016.
We have one world class reproductive biotechnology laboratory with high-quality equipments and appliences. We also have collaboration with local and international research groups. We welcome any proposal for collaborative research on any of the following topics of our interests:
- Mechanisms of epigenetic reprogramming
- Animal cloning and stem cells
- Genetic improvement of livestock through advanced reproductive biotechnology
- Preservation of germ-plasm through cryopreservation/ lyophilization of Somatic and Germ cells
- Bio-diversity conservation by recreation of rare and endangered native and wildlife.
- Molecular characterization of mastitis and its prevention and control in farm animals.