Research Program and Activities
Prof. Dr. Jalal Uddin Ahmed
- Development of post-anthesis heat stress tolerance in late seeding wheat genotypes
- Development of physiological screening criteria against early heat stress of wheat genotypes.
Prof. Dr. Md. Abdul Baset Mia
- Morpho-anatomical appraisal of salt tolerance in pulses
- Biochemical and anatomical aspect of salinity tolerance in tomato.
- Physiological aspects of salinity tolerance of aromatic fine rice.
- Amelioration of salinity in tomato through exogenous application of calcium.
- Establishment of digital herbarium and herbal museum for improving academic and research capability of the Crop Botany department, a subproject of HEQEP, UGC, Ministry of Education.
Dr. Totan Kumer Ghosh
- Exploration of Abscisic acid (ABA) signaling in basal land plants to reveal crucial factor for stress adaptation in embryophytes.
- Analysis of ABA responsive promoter elements in basal land plant Marchantia polymorpha.
- Regulation of ABA and abiotic stress signaling in embryophytes by a novel Raf-like protein kinase.
- Development of transient assay protocol in liverwort polymorpha.
- In-vitro regeneration potentials in Bamboo.
Mr. Mohammed Mohi-Ud-Din
- Activity of antioxidant defense and methylglyoxal detoxification systems of wheat under different oxidative stress condition.
- Modulatory role of Moringa oleifera leaf extract against high against high temperature induced oxidative stress in wheat seedlings
- Optimizing harvesting and storage of processing potato varieties by chemical maturity monitoring.
Mr. Zubair Al-Meraj
- Antioxidant potential in different potato genotypes.