Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Agricultural University (BSMRAU) is a government-financed 13th public university of Bangladesh and third agricultural university after Bangladesh Agricultural University and Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University. It is located at Salna, Gazipur.
Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Agricultural University was established in 1998 as a public university with an act (Act no. 16) promulgated by the government of Bangladesh.
The university was established by transforming the Institute of Post Graduate Studies in Agriculture (IPSA). IPSA was established as Bangladesh College of Agricultural Science (BCAS) in 1983 as an academic organ of Bangladesh Agricultural Research Institute (BARI) and academically affiliated with Bangladesh Agricultural University until 1991. In 1991, IPSA was made an autonomous institution. Henceforth, IPSA started its true course credit-based MS and PhD programs. The graduate program of IPSA was developed by a team of IPSA teachers led by Prof. L. M. Eisgruver of the Oregon State University (OSU), USA under the cooperation of JICA-USAID-GOB.
15th August’17 the 42th death anniversary of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and National Mourning day was observed at Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur...
A days long (August 7, 2017) workshop on ‘sharing the self-assessment survey sreusts of postgraduate program’ of BSMRAU held today at the Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman...
সরাসরি প্রধানমন্ত্রী শেখ হাসিনা বক্তব্য ওসমানী স্মৃতি মিলনায়তন...
The orientation program of Autumn Term 2017 of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Agricultural University (BSMRAU) for the MS and PhD students was held today (03 July’17)...
গণপ্রজাতন্ত্রী বাংলাদেশ এর মহামান্য রাষ্ট্রপতি ও চ্যান্সেলর, প্রফেসর...
- Agricultural Extension and Rural Development
- Agroforestry and Environment
- Agricultural Engineering
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Bioenvironmental Science
- Computer Science and Information Technology
- Crop Botany
- Genetics and Plant Breeding
- Plant Pathology
- Soil Science
- Seed Science and Technology Unit
- Department of Anatomy & Histology
- Department of Animal Breeding & Genetics
- Department of Animal Science & Nutrition
- Department of Dairy & Poultry Science
- Department of Gynecology, Obstetrics & Reproductive Health
- Department of Medicine
- Department of Microbiology & Public Health
- Department of Pathobiology
- Department of Physiology & Pharmacology
- Department of Surgery & Radiology