The Department of Biotechnology was established in 2003 with a view to disseminating knowledge and train students at undergraduate and graduate levels at BSMRAU. The primary goal of this department is to deliver high class teaching and conduct both basic and applied research in the field of biotechnology.
Course Title : Introductory Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering Course Code : BTL 410
Course Credit : 3+1.5
The department offers one core course, BTL 410 Introductory Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering in summer term of BS in Agriculture program. The department has got some good equipment and established a laboratory for practical teaching and research. To conduct research, the department has established collaboration with local and international research groups. Any proposal for collaborative research on any of the following topics of is welcome:
- Signal transduction pathways ofmotility, chemotaxis and differentiation of Peronosporomycete zoospores
- Microbial biopesticides and biofertilizers
- Traditional herbal medicines and their uses in agriculture
- Novel bioactive natural products from plant and microbes and their uses in agriculture
- Adaptation to climate change and food security
Some highly qualified faculty members are responsible for teaching undergraduate students and supervise students to conduct world-class research in biotechnology.